How To Search Text Messages On iPhone?
Are you wondering how to search text messages on iPhone to find the right information you need? It is very daunting to endlessly scroll through a text conversation on any messaging app. We all get so many different text messages over a few weeks or months. Even if you spend hours scrolling through messages, it is tough to find a particular conversation. Today, I will teach you how to search for old text messages on iPhone. There are a number of different ways to search through your messages on your iPhone. You can keep on reading to learn how to search text messages on iPhone.
How To Search Text Messages On iPhone?
In this section, I will teach you how to search text messages on iPhone. The easiest way to search through your texts is by using the Search option. This feature will quickly give you the results and help you view them easily.
Follow these steps if you want to learn how to search text messages on iPhone 7.
- First, launch the messages app on your iOS device.
- The All Messages tab will immediately appear on the screen.
- Navigate to the top of the screen to access the search bar.
- Here, type what you’d like to search for.
- As you start typing, messages containing the keyword will appear on the screen.
- Scroll down to find the message containing the phrase/word you’re looking for.
- Tap on the text message containing the phrase/word you’re looking for.
- Or else tap on See All if you want to see more messages.
The iOS Search feature allows you to search multiple relevant conversations in just a few taps. You can follow the same procedure if you also want to learn how to search text messages on iPhone 6.
When it comes to how to search keywords on iPhone text messages, you can repeat the same steps.
Click here – How To Search Filters On Instagram?
Search Text Messages On iPhone By Date
It is hard to locate the old message you need and you end up scrolling for hours. So, do you know how to search text messages on iPhone by date? The iOS Messages app won’t display any results if you search messages by date. You can use the user’s contact name, word, phrase, or any other keyword to search messages.
Keep on reading to know more about how to search text messages on iPhone 12.
Search Text Messages On iPhone Using Spotlight
Another simple way to search text messages on iPhone is using the Spotlight feature. This feature allows you to search across your iPhone’s entire system. Follow these steps to learn how to search text messages on iPhone 12 through Spotlight.
- First, swipe down from the middle of your iOS device screen.
- This will immediately bring up the Spotlight Search bar.
- Here, type the text/phrase you’d like to search for.
- Wait till Spotlight starts a quick scan through your iOS device.
- In the results, different apps containing the search word will appear.
- Over here, you’ve to select the Messages section.
- Wait for a while till all messages containing the search word appear.
- Now, select the message you’re looking for.
This will immediately take you to the conversation in the Messages app. You can follow the same procedure if you also want to know how to search text messages on iPhone 13.
Search Text Messages On iPhone Using Today View Function
The iOS’s Today View function comes in handy as it’s a customizable search function. You can follow these steps to search for text messages on iPhone 11 using the Today View function.
- First, swipe to the right on your iOS device screen to bring up Today View.
- In the search field, search for the keyword/phrase you’re looking for.
- From the results, select the Conversations section.
- This will display all conversations under different messaging apps.
- Select the Messages option from the search results.
This will directly take you to the list of conversations in the Messages app. In case, you are unable to get the results related to the search term, select Search Messages from Search in Apps.
Search Text Messages On iPhone Using Siri
iOS users can also search text messages on their iOS devices using Siri! Siri has been improved a lot in the last few years. Simply ask Siri to search for the text messages you’re looking for and she will help you find them. You can follow these steps to search text messages on iPhone.
- First, launch Siri on your iOS device by saying “Hey Siri!”
- Ask Siri to search in messages followed by a keyword.
- As a result, Siri will display all messages similar to the keyword.
However, you can also play around with different phrases to find the exact message you are looking for. If you are using previous iOS versions, press and hold the Home button to launch Siri.
Let’s find out more information on Searchitz
Click here – How To Search On Google Sheets?
Why Can’t I Search Messages On My Iphone?
Step 1: Go Settings > Siri & Search. And find the Message app and then switch off the Search & Siri Suggestions. Step 2: Restart your iPhone and go to Siri & Search again. Step 3: Find the Message app and then switch on the Search & Siri Suggestions.
How Far Back Can You Search Iphone Messages?
You need iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later to recover deleted messages and conversations. You can only recover messages and conversations that you deleted within the last 30 to 40 days
Is There A Way To Get To The Beginning Of Texts On Iphone?
How to jump to the first message on iMessage. Open the Messages app > Tap on the message thread of the person you want to see the first iMessage sent from > Tap on the time stamp at the top of your display and you’ll be taken to the first message.
How Far Back Can Text Messages Be Retrieved?
When you delete a text message on your Samsung phone, the Messages app sends it to Recycle bin for 30 days.
Is There A Quick Way To Find Old Text Messages On iPhone?
Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad
- In Messages, tap Edit on the conversations page. If you previously turned Message Filtering on, the Edit button doesn’t appear. Instead, tap Filters on the conversations page.
- Tap Show Recently Deleted .
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to search old text messages on iPhone in detail. Text messages keep a historical record of conversations we have with others. This includes major events, transactions, links, and more. To search text messages, open the Messages app >> type the keyword in the search bar. When it comes to how to search text messages by date, simply enter the conversation date in the Messages’ Search bar. Remember that deleted or cleared text messages within the Messages app will not be searchable. Once you know how to search text messages on iPhone, you can quickly find the text message you’re looking for!